Impress your family and friends this Christmas with this healthy and easy dessert! Lose weight without sacrificing taste with more delicious recipes from New Idea’s Sugar-Free Christmas! Available for just $9.99 at selected newsagents and supermarkets, or online.
- 9g sachet raspberry low sugar jelly crystals
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tblsp Natvia
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced
- 12 sugar-free vanilla biscuits (85g)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Whipped cream, extra mango slices, fresh raspberries and fresh passionfruit pulp, to decorate
- 4 egg yolks
- ¹∕³ cup Natvia Natvia
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tblsps cornflour
- 2 cups milk
- 300ml tub thickened cream
Place jelly crystals in a large heatproof jug. Prepare according to packet directions. Cool.
2. Combine thawed raspberries and Natvia in a small bowl. Coarsely mash. Spread over base of a large glass serving bowl (12-cup capacity). Pour jelly over raspberries. Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set.
3. Meanwhile, make custard. Whisk egg yolks, Natvia, vanilla and cornflour in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Heat milk in a saucepan until hot (do not boil). Gradually add hot milk to egg mixture, whisking constantly.
4. Return mixture to same pan. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until custard thickens. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Stand for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
5. Beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold through custard.
6. Arrange mango slices over jelly layer in glass bowl. Pour over custard. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight.
7. Process biscuits, coconut and rind in a food processor until coarsely crushed.
8. To serve, sprinkle biscuit mixture over custard. Decorate with dollops of whipped cream, extra mango slices, raspberries and passionfruit pulp.