2 cups corn flakes
¾ cup flaked almonds
1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cups dark chocolate cooking melts
- Place corn flakes, flaked almonds, chopped dried mixed fruit and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture, 10cm apart, on prepared oven trays. Press to flatten into 8cm rounds.
- Cook, one tray at a time, in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove. Using a table knife, carefully shape any irregular hot biscuits into circles. Cool on trays.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stand for about 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread bases of biscuits with chocolate. Place chocolate-side up, on same oven trays. Stand at room temperature until almost set. Use a fork to make wavy lines in chocolate to decorate.