And now, royal insiders have revealed it is a question of when not if they get engaged.
The news comes as the Suits actress gears up to make her first appearance at Harry’s side at the Invictus Games in Toronto later this month.
It has also been claimed that the royal family condoned her tell-all interview with Vanity Fair, in which she declared she was in love with the prince.
A royal source told the Mail on Sunday : "Behind Palace gates everyone is expecting an announcement.
"It’s a case of when not if. The consensus is there will be a wedding next year.”
There are also reports of an Operation Princess, with the palace playing a key role in cutting back Meghan's publicity commitments for Netflix legal drama, Suits.
And room could even be being made within Kensington Palace for the couple, who currently stay in a two-bedroom cottage in the grounds of the royal home.
The Mail on Sunday has reported an official announcement about the engagement had been postponed due to the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death as it was felt news of a royal engagement could overshadow that.
The actress has already met Prince Charles and Camilla and is said to have made a good impression.
Last week, Meghan, 36 opened up to Vanity Fair about her relationship with Harry.
Admitting that she refers to Harry as her "boyfriend", the actress gushed over their relationship and said: "We're a couple. We're in love."
She went on: "I'm sure there will be a time when we will have to come forward and present ourselves and have stories to tell, but I hope what people will understand is that this is our time. This is for us.
It's part of what makes it so special, that it's just ours. But we're happy. Personally, I love a great love story."