A young man nearly died after a severe bout of food poisoning he believed to have been caused by a chicken parmigiana he ate 36 hours earlier.
19-year-old Liam Steele had to be placed on life support after symptoms of food poisoning caused him to suffer through muscle convulsions and kidney failure, reports 7 News.
In the 72 hours after being admitted to hospital Liam lost 8 kilos. His father says that Liam is a fit and active young man, which likely helped him overcome the illness:
’Had he been much younger or much older I don't think he would've been here,’
The local Manningham council investigated the Doncaster restaurant and were unable to find evidence of salmonella, and will not take further legal action.
This story originally appeared on that’s life!
You might also like…