Peter Stefanovic has announced he'll make his TV comeback on Sky News as the co-host of its flagship breakfast news program.
WATCH: Peter Stefanovic opens up about leaving Nine in the video below!
After his controversial departure from Channel Nine last year, the journalist has found a new role as co-anchor of First Edition alongside Laura Jayes.
“I’m excited. Thrilled about it, actually,” Peter said, speaking to News Corp.
“It’s a great challenge, a wonderful opportunity and a fantastic privilege to be asked to be part of the Sky News team.”
The 37-year-old also shared details of his new gig to his Instagram.
"Absolutely thrilled to join @ljayes as the new host of Sky News First Edition," he said in his post.
"Laura is one of the best political interviewers in the country and I look forward to working alongside her and the team. I start July 1 and hope you can tune in! @sylviajeffreys has already given me her alarm clock 💤 😁"
The former Channel Nine foreign correspondent left the network in December amid rumours of an imminent axing following a leaked conversation where he was overheard by an Uber driver whinging about the network and his colleagues with his brother, Karl Stefanovic.