Tip: Cooking time of pears may vary depending on their ripeness. Ensure butter is cold when making crumble.
- 6 ripe Beurre Bosc pears (200g each), peeled
- ¹⁄³ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 140g packet Werther’s Original Classic Cream Candies
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¹⁄³ cup traditional rolled oats
- 100g cold unsalted butter, chopped
Lightly grease an ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity).
2. Cut pears into quarters. Remove and discard cores. Cut each quarter in half.
3. Place pears and sugar in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until pears are tender. Transfer to a prepared dish. Scatter over the frozen raspberries.
4. To make crumble, pulse candies in a food processor until coarsely crushed. Set aside ¹⁄³ cup. Add flour, coconut, oats and butter to remaining candies in food processor. Pulse to form coarse crumbs.
5. Sprinkle crumble over pears and raspberries. Top with reserved ¹⁄³ cup candies.
6. Cook in moderate oven (180C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven. Stand for 10 minutes.
7. Serve with ice-cream.
For more delicious recipes winter warming recipes pick up a copy of New Idea’s Winter Feasts for only $9.99 today! Available at selected newsagents and supermarkets, or online.