The Weekend Today host updated fans via his Twitter account on Sunday night, calling his diagnosis a "bizarre feeling".
"Hey... sincere thanks for all the messages... I really appreciate it," he said.
"It's actually a bizarre feeling to have tested positive to this thing we've all been talking about.
"I feel 100 per cent... no symptoms at all! Thanks again... love to all RW xx"
The news comes a week after 65-year-old Wilkins interviewed American actress, Rita Wilson in Sydney on March 7.
She and her husband, actor Tom Hanks tested positive for the virus last week and remain hospitalised in Queensland where he is filming Baz Luhrmann's Elvis biopic.
Ben Fordham initially confirmed on Sunday evening that Richard Wilkins had tested positive for COVID-19, better known as coronavirus.
Fordham made the announcement via his Twitter account just before 10pm local time.
"Breaking - Big love to Richard Wilkins who has tested positive to coronavirus. I spoke to Dickie tonight and he feels fine," he shared.
A Nine spokesperson added: "Richard is not showing any symptoms of the virus and has been self-isolating, on his own at home, since Thursday last week.
Meanwhile, entertainment reporter, Peter Ford says Wilkins' diagnosis could also have serious implications over at Channel 10.
"Dickie Wilkins has tested positive to coronavirus. Immediate investigation who [he] has been near in recent days including his son Christian doing DWTS (in Melbourne)."
On Sunday night's live broadcast of Dancing With The Stars, the network banned a studio audience, meaning the celebrities danced only for the cameras.
Christian Wilkins has since spoken out to say in light of his father's diagnosis, he will be self-isolating.