Australian KFC lover ‘finds hair and safety pin’ in his chicken


An Australian ‘KFC lover’ has taken to Facebook to share the disgusting find in his fried chicken meal. 

Jamie Allen, from Melbourne, took to the KFC Facebook wall to post a picture of his meal – with a ‘hair and safety pin’ sticking out.

‘So kfc I’m a long time eater, first time complainer,’ he wrote. ‘I enjoy your Zinger box on a Sunday when I’m under the weather. But today after paying a visit to your Cranbourne store I have a question to ask. Are two of your secret herbs and spices, safety pins and hair? not really impressed and forgot my potato and gravy.’ 

The post has garnered over 700 likes and comments. 

Some comments ranged from, ‘NEVER AGAIN,’ to straight out speechless, ‘OMG.’ 

One angry commenter added, ‘Ring the health and safety department.’

Although, Jamie is not alone.

Just two days prior, Jadeo Genet, from Loganholme in Queensland, also posted a photo of a hair in his KFC chicken.

‘I, like my family and many other proud Australian men and women have eaten your food for many years,’ he wrote. ‘But lately the last trips to KFC we’ve done have ended in disgusting results. This time a long brown or red hair stuck in the chicken.’

KFC Australia replied to the post, writing: ‘We take these matters very seriously, could you message us directly with the store name, the time of the order and your best contact number so we can have the area manager contact you and sort this out.’

The fast food giant is yet to respond to the most recent incident. 

Related stories