Mild Thai Green Chicken Curry
* Serves 4-6 * Prep: 15 mins * Cook: 32 mins
- 2 tblsps vegetable oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tblsps green curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 2 zucchini (150g each), trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 1 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tblsp lime juice
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- Steamed rice and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add chicken in three batches. Stir-fry each batch for 3 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot wok over a medium to high heat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute, or until soft. Add paste. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Return chicken to wok with coconut milk and stock. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Add beans and zucchini. Cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir
in fish sauce, sugar and juice.
- Top curry with basil leaves. Serve with steamed rice and lime wedges.
For more delicious recipes that the whole family will love pick up a copy of New Idea’s 101 Ways With Chicken for only $9.99 today! Available at selected newsagents and supermarkets, or online.