4 cups self-raising flour
300 ml thickened cream
300 ml lemonade
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix roughly until well combined and a thick dough has formed.
- Flour your bench. Place dough onto the bench and using your hands, give it a quick knead until the dough shapes into a ball.
- Press down on the dough until it is 1-inch thick, patting away like a baby’s bottom.
- Use your scone cutter to cut out dough portions, then place portions onto a lined baking tray, with portions quite close together. They will all lean in together and join a little while cooking, but are easy to pull apart once baked.
- When you have cut out all you can, re-roll out the dough, then press it back out flat to get the most scones out of your dough.
That's it! I don't add a milk or egg wash; just whack them into a hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top, (during cooking time, you can whip some cream into soft peaks, and get that strawberry jam ready too).
- Pull apart and serve immediately with a good dollop of jam and cream.