When Aussie Dancing With The Stars pro Kym Johnson tied the knot with Shark Tank’s Robert Herjavec on July 31, it didn’t go without a hitch.
Standing at the altar with her beloved, the 39-year-old couldn’t have been happier.
But a freak accident almost derailed the happiest day of the couple’s lives when Kym’s dress caught on fire!
‘I almost went up in flames!’ the bride tells People, explaining that a gust of wind blew a candle which set fire to the train of her stunning strapless Monique Lhuillier gown.
Adds the 53-year-old groom: ‘We smelled something and we thought, “Is someone having a barbecue?” Then we realised that Kym’s dress was on fire!’
Fortunately, the crisis was averted before any serious damage was done, thanks to Kym’s quick-thinking pal.
‘Thank God my man of honour stomped it out with his foot,’ Kym continues. ‘But underneath, my dress is completely singed.’