Australian Bachelor villains Keira Maguire and Sam Johnston have been caught up in an embarrassing 'he-said, she-said' drama, after reportedly talking up their alleged casting in an upcoming US season of the show, while apparently under the mistaken belief the show had been cancelled due to a sex scandal. Now the show is back in production following a suspension of filming, they claim they've chosen not to participate.
According to an interview published earlier this week, the duo claimed they had been cast in The Bachelor in Paradise, before filming was shut down amid investigations of alleged sexual misconduct by a US cast member. An internal network investigation has today dismissed the sex claims, and now filming is about to recommence.
Keira and Sam seemed to be under the impression the show was axed when they spoke out earlier this week about allegedly being chosen for the show.
‘I had my bags all ready to go, then on Sunday morning, I woke up and literally had five missed calls,’ Keira claimed to an Australian publication, griping that her big break had been indefinitely suspended in the wake of the investigation.
Sam seemingly went one step further by straight out slamming the show in the interview, published Monday. It was further claimed in the article he had definitely been booked on the program.
‘I’m very shocked and surprised (the production company) would blatantly ignore their duty of care,’ he was quoted as saying of the sex assault claims, which have since been dismissed.
Adding to the confusion and embarrassment, now that the show has been returned to production, Keira and Sam have admitted they aren't actually going to be in it - with Keira claiming she chose to quit as she saw the sex scandal as 'a sign', while Sam has asserted that he never told an interviewer he was confirmed for the show, and has no interest in ever doing the notoriously tacky program.
Reality TV 'stardom', eh? What an interesting world...
You might also be interested in...