In what has been a bitter end to their 15-month marriage, actor Johnny Depp reached a settlement with Amber Heard.
TMZ reports the couple filed legal documents on Tuesday. Heard, 30, withdrew her request for a restraining order and accepted the US$7 million settlement.
The website claims a source said Depp, 53, agreed to pay Amber the settlement to walk away, however the Daily Mail believes the figure closer to US$10 million.
The former couple released a statement confirming the settlement.
‘Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love,’ they told TMZ.
‘Neither party has made false accusations for financial gains. There was never an intent of physical or emotional harm. Amber wishes the best for Johnny in the future. Amber will be donating financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity.’
Depp and Heard met on the set of The Rum Diary in 2010. The couple wed in 2015 in a private beach ceremony.
Amber filed for divorce on May 23, later claiming that she's lived in fear of 'violent' Johnny throughout their 15-month marriage.
Footage was released earlier this week showing Depp in a fit of rage.
The footage obtained by TMZ, reportedly filmed before Amber Heard filed for a restraining order, shows Depp throwing a wine bottle and a glass in a kitchen.