* Preparation is key - you cannot do a braid with fluffy hair. Straighten or blow-dry hair to make it as easy as possible
* When you’re ready to start braiding, add a little product. For frizzy, curly hair, keep hair wet or moist. For dead straight hair, keep it dry. For soft and medium thickness hair, use oil-based conditioner such as argan oil or coconut hair. For really fluffy hair, use a bit of gel.
SECTIONING: The most important part!
1. Section hair from ear to ear, and then tie off the back
2. Section top half into half and tie one side off
3. Section the side that's left into two, starting from the centre part and angling towards the halfway point of the back part.
4. Start braiding the section closest to the ear first, then do the remaining section close to the centre part.
5. Section the remaining side of hair into two, once again starting from the centre part and angling towards the halfway point of the back part.
6. Braid the section closest to the ear first, and then do the last remaining section - next to the centre part - last.
1. Grab small, consistent pieces - make sure size of sections is the same.
2. Keep thumbs facing yourself, keep fingers really tight and close to the braid
3. Always braid past where you want to tie it so it stays tight
Special thanks to Eden from Eden Stylz for her help.