Two women discovered the 56-year-old on Sunday in the waiting room toilet of RPA, after the woman went into the cubicle an hour earlier.
But the hospital has hit back at these “inaccurate” claims after 2GB host Mark Levy reported the patient was turned away “not once, but twice.”
“I’m not sure where you received that information,” Dr Teresa Anderson, Chief Executive of Sydney Health District, said on-air.
Dr Anderson confirmed that the patient had actually left the premise on her own accord after refusing accommodation.
“This was somebody who had been discharged and went back in into the toilet before talking to staff,” she said.
The hospital is adamant all processes were in line with protocol, but revealed staff aren’t able to monitor what happens inside the bathroom.
“Though we monitor what happens in our toilets we can’t have CCTV footage in them… I can assure you that our preliminary investigation is very clear, the staff did everything they could to care for this person.”
The investigation continues.