When you go to whip up a nice salad the last thing you expect is to come face-to-face with venomous creepy crawly!
But that’s exactly what happened to this couple in Maryland, USA, when Sri Sindhusha Boddapati discovered a live scorpion crawling in her bag of pre-packaged spinach.
‘I saw something inside the bag, crawling,’ Sri told NBC, and explained that once she had trapped it in a bottle she only then realised what it was.
‘I thought it was a cricket in the beginning, and then I noticed when it was in the bottle that it is a scorpion.’
Her husband alerted the supermarket, who immediately took all the packages of spinach off the shelves.
While only a small number of scorpion species carry enough venom to kill a human, it is unlikely that had Boddapati been stung she would have died.
But it sure would have hurt a lot!
This article originally appeared on that’s life!