Heath Ledger's dad has warned others of the dangers associated with prescription painkillers.
Kim Ledger, 66, spoke out for the first time since his son died of an accidental overdose in 2008.
'It was totally his fault. It was no one else's - he reached for them. He put them in his system. You can't blame anyone else in that situation,’ Kim told the Daily Mail.
'That's hard to accept because I loved him so much and was so proud of him,' he added.
'His sister was on the phone to him the night before telling him not to take the prescription medications with the sleeping tablets.
'He said: "Katie, Katie, I'm fine. I know what I'm doing." He would have had no idea.'
Heath, 28, was found dead in his New York apartment after consuming oxycodone, diazepam, hydrocodone and doxylamine.