1 tbs olive oil
2 slices prosciutto, chopped
2 tsp white vinegar
2 large fresh eggs
2 slices sourdough or rustic bread, toasted
1 firm ripe avocado, chopped coarsely
½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
100g feta cheese, crumbled
Gourmet Garden Harissa Finishing Drizzle
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add prosciutto. Cook, stirring, until golden and very crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a simmer. Add vinegar. Crack one of the eggs into a cup.
- Swirl water with a large spoon and gently pour egg into swirling water. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until white is set. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with remaining egg.
- Place toast on serving plates and drizzle with remaining oil. Top with avocado, poached eggs, crispy prosciutto, parsley, feta and Gourmet Garden Harissa Finishing Drizzle.
- The key to a great poached egg us using the freshest eggs possible.
- For an extra hint of ‘café style’, you could drizzle your bread with oil and cook on a chargrill.