George Michael's cousin has claimed that the Wham! star’s death on Christmas day was linked to a drug overdose.
“I think it was an accident,” Michael’s cousin Andros Georgiou said during an interview with the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire on Tuesday. “Hard drugs had been back in his life.”
“I just think that he took too much of something, mixed with the anti-depressants and the other drugs he was on, with alcohol,” he continued.
“I think his heart just stopped beating. You know if you take – if you’re on Zanax for instance, or Temazepam – your heart slows down anyway.
“I just believe he was dragged back in. You know, to the dark side.”
Georgiou -who yesterday took to Instagram to speak out about the growing rift between Michael’s family and his boyfriend Fedi Fawaz - also revealed that while “crack was one of [Michael’s] favourite drugs” he didn’t believe the singer was using heroin towards the end of his life.
“I know that is one drug he would never touch.”
The news comes following a series of tweets from Fawaz’s Twitter account that claimed that the 53-year-old Careless Whisper hit maker may have killed himself.
Georgiou, however, is convinced that his mysterious death was not a suicide.
“I believe he had suicidal thoughts over the last few years because his mental health wasn’t in the best place,” he said.
“I don’t believe this was a suicide in a million years because why would you arrange such a huge dinner with the whole family if you’re going to kill yourself the night before?”
“It doesn’t make any sense,” he added. “There’s a lot about this that doesn’t make sense.”
You might also like…