Looking for some delicious new dinner ideas? Grab more delicious recipes like this from New Idea’s 101 Ways With Chicken. Available for just $9.99 at selected newsagents and supermarkets, or online.
Garlic Chicken with Tabouli
* Serves 4 * Prep: 25 mins * Cook: 45 mins
- 4 chicken marylands (1.4kg)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic dip, to serve
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- ½ cup burghul (75g)
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ cups chopped fresh parsley
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tblsps lemon juice
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours to marinate. Remove chicken. Reserve marinade.
- Place chicken in an oiled, large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over half the marinade.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), brushing twice during cooking with remaining marinade, for about 45 minutes, or until browned and cooked. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Meanwhile, make tabouli. Place burghul and boiling water in a large, heatproof bowl. Stand, covered with plastic wrap, for 20 minutes. Cool. Fluff with a fork. Add remaining ingredients. Season. Mix well.
- Serve chicken with tabouli and garlic dip.