- 350g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- Fresh raspberries and strawberries, double cream, to serve
- Invert base of a 22cm springform pan (base measures 20cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl of an electric mixer on high speed for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until thick and pale. Add to chocolate mixture in three batches, folding until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate with berries and serve with double crea
Cake can be made up to one day ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Decorate just before serving.
For more quick and easy meals, pick up a copy of New Idea 5 Ingredients in selected supermarkets and newsagents, or buy online here today!