A mum has been driven to desperation after a fly infestation in her house got so bad her 2-year-old would wake up choking on flies that crawled through his mouth.
Mum-of-two, Jamieliegh Dale, says that despite complaints to her housing association, the fly infestation has only gotten worse over the 10 months she has lived in property.
The 19-year-old mum says that using fly spray is not an option because her son Stephen is asthmatic. She claims the flies have caused him to be sick and off school with diarrhoea.
‘If the kids eating they are crawling all over their dinner and swimming in their drinks,’ she says.
‘They are crawling all over you while you lie in your bed at night.’
‘It drives you absolutely nuts.’
The director of housing at Jamieleigh’s housing association says that they are aware of the problem and efforts to remedy it haven’t worked so far,
‘We are continuing to work to push for further action that will see the issue resolved for our tenants and will keep them fully informed as to what is being proposed to resolve the matter, Andrea Howarth told Metro.