Australian radio broadcaster and television presenter Fifi Box has revealed the terrifying moment her daughter was rushed to hospital.
Speaking about the issue on Tuesday night's edition of The Project, Fifi said that her young daughter Trixie, now three, had swallowed three lithium batteries.
Fifi explained: 'I'll never forget the moment where the doctor came out with the X-Ray. I mean, I didn't sleep for 24 hours, and we were so fortunate because they passed through to a point where doctors were confident she would pass them, but I felt so guilty.'
The single mum also added that she's an incredibly diligent parent when it comes to ensuring Trixie is safe and everything 'bad' is out of reach in their home, before adding, 'It happened to me. I think we can be very quick to judge parents.'
On Tuesday, Choice and Kidsafe called for the Australian government to tighten its regulation around button batteries, which are commonly used in items like watches, kitchen and bathroom scales, thermometers, remote controls and children's birthday cards.
When swallowed, the electrical current of the batteries can cause burns in the oesophagus - a seriously painful experience for anyone but particularly for children. Sometimes the burns can be deadly, with two Australian children having previously lost their lives to the simple accident.