½ butternut pumpkin (670 g), peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper, to garnish
1 large eggplant (430 g), cut into 2 cm pieces
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tsp mild curry powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
400 g can cherry tomatoes
2 cups vegetable stock
½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
Greek yoghurt, to serve
fresh coriander, to garnish
- Combine pumpkin and 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, non-stick roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 10 minutes. Add eggplant with another 1 tbsp of the remaining oil. Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add curry powder, cumin and seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add lentils, tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Remove. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in coriander, pumpkin and eggplant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with yoghurt. Garnish with coriander.