- 625g packet fresh spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 2 tblsps olive oil
- 350g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 300ml tub light thickened cooking cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- ¹⁄³ cup chopped fresh chives
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra grated parmesan, to serve
Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until tender.
Add stock and cream. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Add tortellini, parmesan and half the chives. Mix well. Stir in spinach. Remove. Season.
Sprinkle remaining chives over the pasta. Serve with extra parmesan.
This recipe originally appeared on New Idea Food