375g casarecce pasta
3/4 cup pecans
2 cups shredded roast chicken meat (250g)
4 green spring onions, sliced
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 tblsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp finely grated lemon ring
2 tblsps lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender, then drain. Rinse the pasta under cold water, then drain well again. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, spread pecans over an oven tray.
3. Cook pecans in a moderate oven (180C) for about 5-7 minutes, or until toasted. Cool, then coarsely chop.
4. To make dressing, place all the ingredients in a jug then whisk until they are combined.
5. Add pecans, chicken, onions and parsley to pasta with dressing. Toss the ingredients to combine.
6. Serve with salad garnished with a little extra parsley.