- 165ml can coconut milk
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tblsp Natvia
- Melted unsalted butter, for greasing
- No added sugar strawberry spread and whipped cream, to serve
Place coconut milk, milk, egg and vanilla in a medium jug. Whisk until smooth.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in coconut and Natvia. Whisk in milk mixture until smooth.
3. Heat a large, greased, non-stick frying pan with melted butter over a medium heat. Spoon 1 tblsp of the batter into the pan. Repeat to make 5 pikelets.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn over. Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden underneath. Remove. Repeat to make 20 pikelets.
5. Serve warm or cold pikelets with strawberry spread and whipped cream.