No matter whether you are planning for a traditional Christmas dinner or casual outdoor lunch, Christmas Made Easy covers everything required for stress free entertaining!
Jam packed with over 110 delicious recipes, from traditional turkey to crunchy crackling, and perfect platters of prawns to mouth-watering desserts, we’ve even included treats that are great to give as gifts! Christmas is just around the corner, so with a little planning Christmas Made Easy will allow you to relax and enjoy the festive season!
- 6 egg whites
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 x 250g punnet fresh
- strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 50g dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 300ml tub thickened cream
- 1 tblsp icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease an oven tray. Trace an 18cm-diameter circle onto a sheet of baking paper. Place on prepared tray, trace-side down.
2. Beat egg whites in a large bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tblsp at a time, beating well after each addition until dissolved. Beat for a further 5 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and glossy. Beat in cornflour and vinegar. Spoon meringue into circle on prepared tray. Spread to edge.
3. Cook in a very slow oven (120C) for about 1 hour, or until dry and crisp. Turn off oven. Cool in oven with door ajar.
4. To make vanilla cream, beat all ingredients in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
5. Place pavlova on a serving plate. Top with cream and berries. Drizzle with chocolate.
For more great festive food, pick up your copy of Christmas Made Easy for only $9.99 today. Available at selected newsagents and supermarkets now!