- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 125g packet 99.5% sugar-free chocolate chip biscuits, roughly chopped
- 4 x 90g blocks sugar-free milk chocolate, chopped
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 tblsp Natvia
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
2. Place hazelnuts on an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until browned and skins are starting to peel away. Wrap warm hazelnuts in a clean tea towel. Stand 5 minutes. Rub hazelnuts in tea towel to remove skins. Reserve ¹/³ Roughly chop. Combine with ¹/³ cup of the biscuits in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, stir chocolate, butter and Natvia in a bowl over a saucepan of just- simmering water until smooth. Do not overheat. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
4. Combine remaining hazelnuts and biscuits in a large bowl with sultanas.
5. Stir egg into warm chocolate mixture until combined. Mixture may look curdled. Add to sultana mixture. Stir to combine. Spread evenly over base of prepared pan. Sprinkle over reserved hazelnut and biscuits, pressing firmly into slice.
6. Refrigerate several hours, or overnight until firm.
7. Lift from pan. Cut into small squares to serve.