- 450g roll choc-chip cookie dough, chopped, at room temperature
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups Dark Choc Melts (200g)
- 2 tsps vegetable oil
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tblsps golden syrup
- 25g unsalted butter, chopped
Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
2. Combine dough and coconut in a large bowl. Mix well. Place dough in prepared pan. Using your fingertips, press to cover the base.
3. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until firm to touch. 4
4. Meanwhile, make filling. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir constantly over a medium heat for about 8 minutes, or until mixture is boiling and turns light golden.
5. Remove pan from oven. Pour hot filling over hot base. Smooth over top. Return to oven.
6. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove. Cool completely in pan.
7. Melt chocolate with oil in a medium heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Pour over slice. Smooth over top. Stand at room temperature until set.
8. To serve, lift slice out of pan. Cut into 15 squares.