An autopsy reports revealed the cause of death for American sisters who were found in their luxury Seychelles island hotel room.
Annie Marie Korkki, 37, her sister Robin Marie Korkki, 42, died from of excess fluid in their lungs, the New York Times reports.
The autopsy report, conducted last Wednesday and released by the office of the Seychelles Minister of Travel and Culture, shows Annie Marie died of acute pulmonary and cerebral edema (or fluid in the brain) and sister Robin Marie died from acute pulmonary edema (or having fluid in their lungs).
Authorities are still waiting for the results of a toxicology report, says People.
Despite the unusual circumstances, ‘No visible signs of injuries were found on the [sisters'] bodies,' according to the report.
The ‘experienced travellers’ were found lifeless on a bed in their hotel room on September 22.
Police spokesperson Jean Toussaint said the women were seen drinking and were helped to their room by hotel staff the night before they were found dead.
The investigation is ongoing.