Earlier this week, Bridie also revealed to New Idea that her family had witnessed first-hand the effects of the current drought.
'As I drove into our property yesterday, I commented to my husband about how dry our paddocks are at the moment, wondering when we will next get rain,' she says.
'I can see that our dams are getting low, our paddocks are looking bare and feed prices are understandably sky-high.'
New Idea has also proudly teamed up with Dollars For Dust campaign.
Five cents from every issue sold this week will be donated to Drought Angels.
EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS
- $28 Dog food to keep working dogs in top condition during harsh drought conditions.
- $20 Small hay bales to feed horses and calves.
- $90 Large hay bales for feeding stock in large quantities.
- $100 Pre-paid visa/fuel card or care pack.
- $170 Grocery box full of items families forgo due to financial difficulty
Visit droughtangels.org.au to make a donation.