The Australian consumer association enlisted the help of three expert taste testers - food consultant Tawnya Bahr, food industry expert Adam Moore, and chef and food expert Peter Van Es - to try out 22 different sauces.
After their blind tasting, the foodies scored based on a simple system: 90 percent of marks for taste, including 50 percent for flavour, 30 percent for texture, 10 percent aroma and 10 percent texture.
Then the final 10 percent was awarded for the sauce's nutritional benefits, based on the Health Star Rating.
CHOICE said it could only recommend sauces that scored 70 percent or more based on this system, which ruled out 18 of the 22 brands they tested.
Want to know the winner?
With a total score of 79%, Community Co's 'A Squeeze of Tomato Sauce' was crowned king.
And what's even more sweet, the winning sauce is available at IGA stores nationally for only $1.50 a bottle.
Before you do your weekly shop, here's the full list of how they all ranked, so you can see how your faves faired.
- Community Co A Squeeze Of Tomato Sauce ($1.50) - 79%
- Ozesauce Australian All Natural Tomato Sauce ($3) - 72%
- Heinz Big Red Tomato Sauce ($2.65) - 71%
- Aldi Colway Tomato Sauce ($1.39) - 70%
- Woolworths Tomato Sauce ($1.50) - 67%
- Rosella Tomato Sauce ($2.30) - 66%
- Fountain Tomato Sauce Reduced Sugar ($2) - 65%
- Coles Tomato Sauce ($1.50) - 64%
- Heinz Organic Tomato Ketchup ($4.30) - 63%
- MasterFoods Aussie Farmers Tomato Sauce ($3.15) - 63%
- Rosella Organic Tomato Sauce ($4) - 63%
- MasterFoods Tomato Sauce ($2.95) - 62%
- Rosella Honest Kids Tomato Sauce ($3.50) - 62%
- Heinz Tomato Ketchup ($3.20) - 61%
- Heinz Tomato Ketchup 50% Less Added Sugar & Salt ($3.20) - 57%
- Coles Tomato Ketchup ($2.50) - 56%
- MasterFoods Tomato Sauce Reduced Salt & Sugar ($2.95) - 54%
- Fountain Tomato Sauce ($2) - 53%
- Black & Gold Tomato Sauce ($1.80) - 52%
- Celebrate Health Tomato Sauce ($5) - 51%
- Three Threes Family Recipe Tomato Sauce $2.99) - 50%
- Beerenberg Tomato Sauce ($4.75) - 44%