300 ml tub thickened cream
2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
250 g tub mascarpone
1 egg yolk
250 g sponge finger biscuits
fresh raspberries, to decorate
fresh blueberries, to decorate
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup water
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp orange-flavoured liqueur
2 x 125 g punnets fresh raspberries
2 x 125 g punnets fresh blueberries
- Grease a large 14.5cm x 23cm x 9cm deep loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- To make berry filling, combine sugar, water, juice and liqueur in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Add berries. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, or until berries are just tender. Strain, reserving liquid and berries. Refrigerate both until cold.
- Beat cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Transfer to a large bowl. Gently fold in mascarpone and yolk until just combined.
- Dip one-third of the biscuits, one at a time, into berry liquid until just soaked. Arrange over base of prepared pan. Top with half the cream mixture. Dip another third of the biscuits in berry liquid. Arrange over top. Spread with remaining cream mixture. Dip remaining biscuits in berry liquid. Arrange over top. Reserve any remaining berry liquid to serve. Refrigerate, covered, for 4 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, turn out onto a serving plate. Remove and discard paper. Top with extra berries. Drizzle with reserved berry liquid.