- 6 Eggs (whites and yolks separated)
- 330g of caster sugar
- 1Tbsp of cornflour
- 5tsp of white vinegar
- 750ml bottle of Prosecco
- 6 sheets of gelatin
- 200g of caster sugar (extra)
- Whipped cream and fresh fruit to decorate
Prepare your jelly a day ahead to allow to set in the fridge overnight.
2. Put 150ml water and the sugar in a large saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has completely dissolved. Bring to the boil, then bubble for 5 mins without stirring until liquid is fragrant and syrupy.
3. Pour mixture into a loaf tin and allow to set in the fridge overnight.
4. For the Meringue, Preheat oven to 150°C. Place the eggwhite in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until soft peaks form.
5. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until each addition is dissolved before adding more.
6. Once all the sugar has been added, scrape down the sides of the bowl and whisk for a further 10 mins.
7. Add the cornflour and vinegar to the eggwhite mixture and whisk for 30 seconds or until well combined.
8. Using a pencil, draw a 20cm circle on a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Place the baking paper, pencil-side down, on a lightly greased baking tray.
9. Spoon the meringue mixture into the circle to make a neat round. Reduce the oven temperature to 120°C (250°F) and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool for 2 hours in the closed oven.
10. Top the cooled meringue with the whipped cream, berries and cubes of Prosecco jelly.