1 tblsp olive oil
200g short-cut bacon rashers, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
400g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
3 1⁄2 Cups chicken stock
2 cups medium grain rice
1 1/2 cups shredded mozarella
2 tblsps bottled basil pesto
Baby rocket leaves, to serve
Grease a large, ovenproof dish (14-cup capacity)
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add bacon and onion, Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
3. Stir in sauce and stock. Bring to boil. Stir in rice. Transfer to prepared dish. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until just combined. Cover tightly with greased foil.
4. Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Discard foil.
5. Dollop over pesto. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until rice is tender and cheese is melted.
6. Serve immediately with rocket leaves.