An Adelaide woman has tragically passed away after eating frozen pomegranate seeds, 9 News reports.
A nationwide recall has been issued following the tragic death of disability worker Lesley Rolton.
Rolton's devastated family says she was planning her retirement when she fell ill, after consuming pomegranate seeds in health shakes.
The 64-year-old from South Australia was among twenty-four Australians to contract Hepatitis A after allegedly eating the Creative Gourmet product, which was stocked at Coles supermarkets and recalled two months ago.
Neighbour Susan Madden says the community is heartbroken by the loss.
'This has come as a bit of a shock to all of us, actually,' she said.
'She was a lovely lady, she was quite friendly, she always waved or just said a quick hello.'
The company that manufactures the product has released a statement expressing its condolences to Ms Rolton's family.
Creative Gourmet said it will work closely with health authorities and the Coroner to determine the exact cause of Ms Rolton's death, and if there was any direct link with the consumption of its product and Hepatitis A.