Forget the mid-life crisis. Where hitting the mid-century mark was once filled with dread, a new group of savvy women are reinventing what it means to be 50 plus.
And Adweek—a bible of the consumer marketplace— published a story making it clear that the so-called Alpha Goddess is a very real creature.Here’s how to tell if you’re one of them:
- You take yourself out for dinner while on a business trip, instead of meekly ordering room service. You calmly ask for the table by the window. And get it.
- You buy a car on your own but talk the salesman down $5000 and insist he extends the warranty for free. And request he fix the scratch on the bumper bar before you pick it up.
- You let go of that whiny friend who’s been an emotional drain for the last 20 years. Really, life’s too short.
- You don’t hesitate when asked that pressing question, “Do you want a glass or the bottle?” It’s just sauv blanc, not Möet, and you don’t have to finish it.
- You open your own holiday fund. You put aside an hour a day for just you and a book. You put yourself on tip of your to-do list for a change.