Adele has been forced to pull pyrotechnics from her Australian tour after debris from a firework flew into her son’s eye.
According to Mirror Online, four-year-old Angelo was watching his mum rehearse at Perth’s Domain Stadium earlier this week when a piece of shrapnel flew into the crowd.
The superstar broke the news to her fans during her performance last night after revealing that the accident left the boy “very upset.”
“We’ve been rehearsing here and up until last night we had fireworks for you,” she said.
“And obviously everyone likes a fireworks display. However my son was watching in the crowd… there wasn’t much of a crowd, there was like five people.”
“A bit of debris – it wasn’t big – but a bit of s**t went in his eye and he was very upset, so I got rid of the fireworks.”
The decision will reportedly affect the finale of her shows, which is supposed to be a spectacular fireworks display set to her 2011 smash hit Set Fire To The Rain.
But according to Music.com the singer took a crowd poll at the end of last night’s show, hinting that the pyrotechnics could still make a comeback.