A woman attending Adele’s concert in Adelaide on Monday night has revealed how she almost died at the event.
Speaking with 7News, Pooja Newman explained that she went into anaphylactic shock after having an allergic reaction to balloons coated in latex powder that were dropped over the crowd.
“I felt my lips swelling and couldn’t breathe,” she said.
“I knew I was in trouble.”
The mother-of-three was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital, where she is currently recovering in the ICU.
According to Newman’s sister, “it took forever” for the ambulance to come to her aid.
“We could have lost her,” she confessed.
This comes just one week after the Hello chart-slayer was forced to pause her Sydney show mid-performance after a concert goer went into cardiac arrest.
Visibly overcome with emotion, the British singer asked the crowd: “Is it OK to carry on? OK. Sorry, someone got hurt. I’m really sorry.”
You might also like…