1. Run a bath and throw in a few handfuls of gorgeous rose petals.
2. Create a foot bath: fill a large container with warm water, add rose petals and a few drops of essential oil. Soak for five to ten minutes whilst enjoying a glass of wine or a cocktail.
3. Grab a rug, cheese, biscuits, fruit, along with a nice bottle of wine and have a spontaneous picnic at the beach or somewhere with a nice view. Heck, if you both want to enjoy a bit of vino, organise one in the backyard and hang a few fairy lights!
4. Get nostalgic and back to basics. Bake your loved one their favourite meal or dessert. After all, the way to his/her heart is through his/her stomach. Here's a chocolate buttercream cake recipe to get you started.
5. And finally, the simplest thing of all is a note to your loved one letting them know how much they mean to you.
This article originally appeared on Better Homes and Gardens.