Love them or loathe them the fact is we need to burn what we earn when it comes to calories, and you maybe burning them off quicker than you think! Here are 10 clever ways to shift them.
1. Wash, fold and sort your way to weight loss, 45mins of laundry can lose up to 105 calories
2. Hit the shops - 30mins grocery shopping can equal 120 calories
3. Get outside and get active with the kids. Just 20mins of play can burn off 100 calories
4. A quick romp between the sheets for 30 minutes will even burn off 100 unwanted calories
5. Stretch, balance and unwind with 45 minutes of yoga to smash 130 calories
6. A 7 minute stair run equals a whopping 130 calories
7. Take the plunge, 30mins of swimming equals 245 calories
8. Just 22 mins of housework can burn 100 calories
9. Depending on your intensity a 30 min pump class can burn up to 260 calories.
10. Hit the books, one hour of study will burn off 120 calories.
So, what are calories?
“Like a kilometer measures distance, a calorie measures the energy content of food and beverages” says Robbie Clark, Dietitian and Nutritionist and Co-Founder of thehealthclinic.com.au, “Food is used for energy, growth and repair, and we require energy from calories to sustain us!” It’s important to have a well-balanced nutritional calorie intake because if
we eat more calories than our bodies need, the excess will be stored as fat. “If you have a slow metabolism”, adds Tegan Haining, Personal Trainer, Strength and Conditioning Coach, “Or lead a sedentary lifestyle it is going to take a lot longer to burn the calories off compared to someone who is eating well and making the right nutritional food choices” Choosing nutritional foods over sugar laden foods will not only fill you up faster, reduce cravings and give your body the essential vitamins and minerals it needs but will reduce your calorie intake.
You might also like: